Tuxera’s Global Engineering Infrastructure (GEI) is hiring talented, knowledgeable, energetic persons to join the DevOps team to support our software developers and testers.
You are a hands-on person who will bring experience, best practices, and a collaborative ethic to help drive our DevOps initiatives.
The position is located in Budapest, Hungary or Helsinki (Espoo), Finland.
You will build awesome automation and streamline R&D operations to the delight of our customers and engineers. Your guiding principle is to enable the entire team to effortlessly build, test and deploy their magic. In doing so, you will nurture a product development effort that powers the world-leading customers around the world.
- Coordinate with team members in the implementation of DevOps systems and practices.
- Continuous integration build automation to prevent problem recurrence, testing and delivery activities to shorten the release cycle for our product lines.
- Innovate, improve, and monitor software performance analysis of product lines.
- Influence and create new designs, tools, and methods for our products.
- Collaborate with highly skilled development, QA, and delivery engineers who build networking solutions.
Background and Qualifications:
- An experienced professional who has worked in technical roles.
- Experience with DevOps toolchains and experience in ramping up and maintaining continuous integration, test automation, and delivery systems.
- Experience in programming and/or administrating Linux server environments.
- A genuine passion for enabling cutting-edge software development practices.
- Experience with Software Version Control systems, cloud environments, and test automation frameworks.
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with security (e.g., fuzzers, SAST, DAST, vulnerability management) is considered a plus
- Knowledge of basic networking tools and protocols like TCP/IP, CIFS/SMB, NFS, iSCSI, Kerberos, ADS, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, PROXY is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, and other container technologies.
- Experience with working according to basic processes:
- Report to team lead and communicate with team members.
- Provide status updates and estimates.
- Follow priorities.
- Ability to work in a team or alone.
- Dedication to quality and continuous improvement of existing or new products.
- Good to have:
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with coding standards (MISRA).
- Ability to review code and provide feedback
Recruitment process – what to expect
If your profile is selected, we’ll propose you a short 20-30 minutes call with someone from our Hiring Team to get to know each other as well as introduce you the role.
If after that, it sounds like a good fit for both you and us, the next steps will include:
- A technical assessment (“home test”) using a platform called HackerRank
- A technical interview (usually 1.5/2 hours long) with members of the DevOps team
- A follow up call with Joel, our VP Engineering
Tuxera is the leading provider of quality-assured embedded storage management software and networking technologies. Helping people and businesses store and do more with their data, our software is at the core of phones, tablets, cars, TV sets, cameras, drones, external storage, routers, spacecraft, IoT devices, and more. We help you store your data reliably, while making file transfers fast and content easily accessible. Tuxera is also an active member of multiple industry organizations, including JEDEC, AGL, SD Association, The Linux Foundation, and many others. Founded in 2008, Tuxera’s headquarters are located in Finland, with regional offices in China, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hungary and the US.